Monday 25 July 2011

Do you know sometimes in your life there's just......

What a wonderful weekend I've had - two big events, both involving meeting up with people I've not seen in a long while.   I know this is a crafting blog but this was so good I just want to share it with you.   My auntie (not a real one, but as close as) celebrated her 80th birthday this weekend.   Her husband, Don and my Dad were in the Army together, my Dad was their best man and the families all became very good friends and my brother and I often talk of all the marvellous times we had at their house with their six children.   My brother and I have not seen any of the children for more than 25 years and on Saturday we all got together again and they were as excited to see us as we were to see them.   What a lovely feeling it's left me with.  So here we are - and here's the card I gave to Auntie Muriel.


1 comment:

Eunice said...

Lovely photo June how happy you all look, love the card as well.

Eunice
x